|Welcome to Dorset Coast Forum’s September eNews update. If you have an article to share, or wish to unsubscribe, please email email@example.com.
Find us on Twitter at @Dorset_CF and Facebook @DorsetCoastForum.
- Weymouth Station Gateway Improvements Scheme Update: funding is now secured to go ahead with designs to improve the station forecourt and the creation of a walkway and cycle path linking the Jubilee Business Park and King Street, called Pocket Park. Construction is planned for Autumn 2021 subject to the final design approvals by the Local Planning Authority and Network Rail. The station will be open at all times and disruption minimised through a managed process to be communicated prior to work on the ground and throughout the construction period. View design images and a virtual tour video of its key features HERE.
- DCF is facilitating an engagement event with Dorset Council Coastal Engineers and contractors informing Weymouth Harbour stakeholders and residents about a harbour wall works that are due to take place this Autumn/Winter and how the works could potentially impact them.
- Interviews for the DCF Coordinator vacancy are taking place this week so hopefully we will have an update on recruitment next month.
FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE DEVELOPMENT WORK
- The South West Aquaculture Network (SWAN) AGM will be held on the 28th October 2021 at Kingston Maurward College. As well as a full day’s agenda and panel discussion session there will be a Market Place with Market Stalls for organisations and businesses to network. Register to attend HERE, places are limited.
- Martin will be presenting at the Aquaculture Leadership Group (ALG) meeting in early October. The ALG is one of the key steering groups for the Seafood 2040 project. Watch this space for an update in October.
- As usual Martin is available to help with Fisheries and Seafood Scheme applications. If you have a bid that you need help with…you know what to do! Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sustainable Travel: new bike racks, funded by the Dorset Council’s ‘Welcome Back Fund’ are being installed in Swanage, the first is already in place outside the Swanage Information Centre and is part of a drive to encourage and facilitate more active travel. We will also be launching a poll in September as part of a feasibility study into starting up a car club in Swanage.
- Sustainable Swanage are running several events during the Planet Purbeck Festival week of 20th September to 26th September which is shaping up to be a fantastic celebration of our wonderful local environment and all the things being done to protect it. Our events will include a guided walk, short intro to meadow plant and grass ID sessions, and drop in stalls at 2 of our public space greenings sites with activities, information and opportunity to chat about the projects with our members and volunteers.
- Another reminder, we are setting up a new Waste Action Group that could help deliver exciting projects in Swanage including a Community Fridge, promotion of food waste apps, repair shops, water refill stations and more. We need people who are keen to help make these things happen and have a bit of time to spare to get involved, the first online meeting will be held in October. Please get in touch with Sarah for details.