DCF eNews May 2023
Posted : May 18, 2023
Welcome to Dorset Coast Forum’s May 2023 eNews update. If you have information to share, or wish to unsubscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Twitter at @Dorset_CF, Facebook/Instagram @DorsetCoastForum. Find out more about our projects at @dorsetcoastforum | Linktree
In April 2023 we welcomed Rachael Boughton to the DCF team whose previous experience comes with financial management in the hospitality industry. Rachael is passionate about the coast having previously organised paddle board litter picks, posts videos on the benefits of sea swimming and has written a book of poems, Seas the Day, on connection to the sea and well-being.
Main image: For #NationalWalkingMonth #WalkThisMay take a walk on our beautiful Dorset Coast – Coast path between Winspit and Chapman’s Pool.
England Coast Path Celebration at Nothe Gardens – Sunday 11th June
Posted : May 15, 2023
King Charles III England Coast Path Celebration Event – Sunday 11 June, Nothe Gardens, Weymouth, 10am – 4pm
Join the DCF team who will be at the celebration event hosted by Natural England, together with our partners Litter Free Dorset, Dorset AONB, the Chesil & Fleet Mitigation project. It will be a family, fun packed day and everyone is welcome! Activities include:
- See the story behind the West Dorset Walkers Welcome project and meet some of the artists who created the new beautiful parish boundary markers you can find along the West Dorset coast path!
- Join Steve Wallis on a historic walk around the south side of the harbour – Book your FREE place here!
- Find out about environmental conservation at Studland Bay and see an eco-friendly boat mooring.
- A fantastic opportunity to try your hand at abseiling – FOR FREE!
- Join Sarah Acton and Sarah Jane Ross at Dorset Land & Sea and immerse yourself in Wild Writings and Infinity Landscapes
- Discover our puppets and learn about the environments in which they live
- Listen to live music
- On Saturday 10 June the celebrations will kick off with FREE Silent Discos.
Find out more about what is happening over both days here – England Coast Path Celebrations in the South West – National Trails
Outdoor Classroom Day in Swanage, 18th May
Posted : May 2, 2023
If you are a Swanage school interested in learning more about the project with a focus on STEM, how construction can benefit natural sea habitats and the B-SCAN wave radar, join us for the first of two Outdoor Classroom Day events 2023 with the DCF team.
Contact Project Officer Sara for more information email@example.com