About the FLAG
FLAGs are an initiative of the Marine Management Organisation and part of the European Maritime Fisheries Fund. The Dorset & East Devon FLAG launched in March 2017 and was awarded £800,000 to deliver community-led Local Development in the area’s fisheries, aquaculture and seafood sectors between Swanage and Beer. With the DCF team as lead, a local development strategy has been developed by working with key stakeholders – their key priorities include:
- encourage and enable effective collaborative working across and within sectors
- strengthen the aquaculture sector in Dorset
- improve infrastructure and equipment to enable safe, sustainable working ports and harbours
- enable innovation to increase the value of catch and products
- support the industry by enabling diversification, up-skilling and training, and increase the knowledge and understanding of the sector to attract a younger workforce
Dorset and East Devon FLAG Community-led Local Development Strategy
Fishery related projects, initiatives and infrastructure that encourage economic growth and job creation within the fisheries and related sectors which meet the FLAG’s key priorities have been funded.
Applications are now closed
The FLAG team are beginning to evaluate the impact of the FLAG’s work. The infographic below shows some of the highlights of what we’ve been proud to achieve with the Board and the local fishing and aquaculture sector. If the thumbnail below is unclear, please view this PDF version here.
FLAG staff are more than happy to help with filling out claim forms, developing projects for the core EMFF programme, and answering any questions you may have.
Dorset & East Devon FLAG
Dorset Coast Forum
Dorset and East Devon Fisheries Local Action Group Animateur